Tenant/Landlord Issues

Our agency is not an authority on tenant/landlord issues.  We cannot provide legal advice.

Landlord-Tenant relations in Wisconsin are regulated by:
            Chapter 704, Wisconsin Statues, and by Chapter ATCP 134, Wis. Adm.
            Chapter ATCP 125, Wis. Adm. Code, further regulates mobile home park
            operator-tenant relations                  

Please contact:  Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection.
            Office at: 2811 Agriculture Drive, Madison WI 53718-6777
            Mailing address: PO Box 8911, Madison WI 53708-8911
            Phone: 608-224-4976 or toll-free in Wisconsin only: 1-800-422-7128
            Email: datcphotline@datcp.state.wi.us
            Internet: www.datcp.state.wi.us


A helpful guide for landlords and tenants is: The Wisconsin Way.  This guide can be located on the Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection website: www.datcp.state.wi.us.  You should be able to view the guide for free.  There is a link on their website that you can order this guide.


As long as you are on their website, you might want to look at their fact sheet regarding Tenant’s Rights.