Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I obtain a copy of my birth certificate?

A: You must contact the Register of Deeds in the County where you were born, fill out a short form, bring proof of identification, and a $12.00 fee.

Q: How do we get a marriage license?

A: Contact the County Clerk's office, bring the required documentation and a $75.00 fee.

Q: How to I obtain a DNR license in Portage County?

A: DNR licenses require different documents to be brought in according to which license you are purchasing. Please contact the County Clerk's office for information on the specific license you are interested in.

Q: How do I find out who my County Board Supervisor is?

A: Click on your city below or contact the County Clerk's office.

      City of Stevens Point

Q: Who handles the paperwork for admission to the Wisconsin Veterans Home at King, WI?

A: The County Veterans Service Office assists the family with the necessary financial, medical and application process.

Q: When a service person is discharged or separates from active duty or active duty for training, what procedures should be done upon returning to their hometown or community?

A:  The DD214 form #1 and carbon copy #4 should be recorded through the County Veterans Service Officer who handles these documents in filing into the Register of Deeds Offices, usually located in the Courthouse in most county seats.

Q: Why is recording of the military documents so important?

A:  Many state, local and federal agencies require a certified document of a person's military service for obtaining assistance or veterans benefits.

If you don't see your question ask us.